Re: [MBB] Andrew Molera Madness

  • scre@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2004
      Had quite a day during an amazing spring at Big Sur with 5 species of Vireo
      and 8 vagrants seen. Matt Brady and I headed down this morning to help out at
      BSOL and look for the previously reported vireos. First thing after tracking
      down an different song found the nice adult male CHESTNUT-SIDED WARBLER which
      we heard sing off and on the rest of the day in the area across the river from
      the lab and then again along the river below the lab. Rob Fowler also had a
      male and female ROSE-BREASTED GROSBEAK, Hearing that Dennis and Patricia Brady
      had seen the the two previously reported vireos so Matt and I headed down.
      Walking in the river we had great looks at the WHITE-EYED VIREO and heard what
      was almost certainy the YELLOW-THROATED VIREO, but we didnt track it down as
      it had stopped singing and Rob Fowler radioed to say he had a RED-EYED VIREO
      which we heard but did not see well in cottonwoods just up from the main parking
      area. Sarah Stock heard a NORTHERN PARULA and later Rob Fowler and I also
      were albe to hear it. And finally Matt Brady and I walked down river and below
      the campground we had a singing SY AMERICAN REDSTART. Good birding all!

      David Vander Pluym
      UC Santa Cruz