FWD: [kerncobirding] Grace's Warbler Update

  • Steve Sosensky
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2004
      Hi All,

      I'm forwarding this for Bob Barnes. Please direct all questions or comments
      to him at <mailto:krpfriends@...> or to
      <mailto:kerncobirding@yahoogroups.com> (subscribers only).

      To: kerncobirding@yahoogroups.com
      From: KRPFriends <krpfriends@...>
      Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 10:22:30 -0700
      Subject: [kerncobirding] Grace's Warbler Update

      I only subscribe to kerncobirding. Please pass the following information on
      to other listservs including CALBIRDS, countybirders, and
      central-sierra-birds. Thank you.

      I drove to Chimney Creek Campground this morning specifically to see if the
      Grace's Warbler was still present (it was) and to get information out
      before Noon today (Thursday) so those of you who would like to incorporate
      a try for this species as part of this weekend's birding excursions would
      have a timely update.

      I arrived at Chimney Peak Campground in far southeastern Tulare County at
      8:45am. By 8:48 I heard the Grace's Warbler singing. By 8:55 I had good
      looks right over my head.

      I left the campground at 9:02am and arrived back at Kern River Preserve
      Headquarters at 9:34am.

      Depending upon how you handle the driving of dirt roads, the time for
      driving from the Kern River Preserve to Chimney Creek Campground is 35
      minutes to over an hour. I would say that 45 minutes to 55 minutes would be
      the norm.

      For details, including the latest in directions/mileages and other bird
      species present, please go to:

      Happy & Productive Birding.

      Bob Barnes, Outreach Director
      Audubon-California's Kern River Preserve
      P.O. Box 953, Weldon, CA 93283
      FedEx/UPS: 18747 Hwy. 178, Weldon, CA 93283
      E-mail: krpfriends@...
      Phone: (760) 378-3044
      Web Sites:

      Good birding,

      Steve Sosensky, SoCA Bird Guides www.sosensky.com/guides/
      <mailto:steve@...> for general use
      <mailto:mobile@...> rare birds and emergencies only
      Toluca Lake, CA 91602 818-508-4946 34.15645 N, 118.36715 W
      www.SoCalAudubon.org/socal/ www.SanFernandoValleyAudubon.org/sfvas/
      SoCal FRS: use channel 11 code 22