RE: [CALBIRDS] Yellow-throated Warbler at Furnace Creek

  • Koonce, Sandy
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2004
      In answer to Don's questions below: the page for Inyo/Mono birds is at

      http://esaudubon.org/birds/

      As far as where birds are reported in Southern California, it seems that
      most sightings are reported to the various email lists (e.g.,
      inlandcountybirds, kerncobirding, LaCoBirds) and not to the SoCal BirdBox.
      The latter seems to be reserved, for the most part, either for good reports
      from near the coast or for super-rarities from inland. This is not to say
      that there is any agreed-upon etiquette (to my knowledge) that the BirdBox
      is supposed to be used this way; rather, this is how people seem to be using
      the BirdBox these days. It's very different from the BirdBox in the Bay
      Area, which seems to have most birds of interest.

      Sandy

      Sandy Koonce
      Department of Mathematics
      University of Redlands, Redlands, CA 92373
      sandy_koonce@...