Yellow-billed Loon in Elkhorn Slough

  • Siddharthan Ramachandramurthi
    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2004
      Hi folks,

      the YELLOW-BILLED LOON that has been on my mind for
      several weeks now was finally in my spotting scope
      this afternoon from 5 PM to 6 PM, as I finally
      got the message and, without wasting any time
      at Kirby Park, went straight to the back of
      Moonglow Dairy from where I was able to see the bird.
      Although the late afternoon light was excellent, the
      stiff sea breeze and the choppy water made for
      less than ideal viewing conditions.

      --Sidd Ramachandramurthi
      Mountain View, CA