Sac Bufferlands Big Day April 24th

  • Chris Conard
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15, 2004
      Hi folks,

      It's not too late to sign up for the Bufferlands Big Day (see below). Group size is limited, but the event is free.

      The migration is hitting full stride and I'm really looking forward to the 24th. The property is closed to the public except during guided tours and this is the best chance to cover the most productive birding sites in one day.

      Also, don't forget about Walk on the Wildside coming up on May 15th. No registration required. A map and more information is at www.bufferlands.com.

      Sorry for the post to multiple lists, but I want to get the word out.

      Chris Conard
      Sacramento

      Saturday, April 24th
      7:00 am - 3:00 pm

      Would you enjoy a fast-paced day in the field, searching diverse habitat types for a wide variety of bird species? If so, join members of the Sacramento Regional County Sanitation District's (SRCSD) Bufferlands staff for a day in search of 100 species, or more. Expect to see a heron, egret and cormorant rookery, many species of waterfowl, shorebirds, raptors, migrating songbirds, and lingering winter residents. The SRCSD's Bufferlands contain 2,650 acres of seasonal and permanent wetlands, riparian forest, grasslands, vernal pools, and restored habitats. Group size is limited, so be sure to reserve a place in advance.

      For more information, call 875-9309 ext. 1, or e-mail conardc@...