Godwits and Hummingbirds

  • Robert Hewitt
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13, 2004
      Birders,

      This weekend is the main event up here in Humboldt County (www.godwitdays.com) , many of our local birders will be on hand to guide and showcase our wonderful area for birds. Just in time we have been graced by a female Magnificent Hummingbird coming to a feeder in Eureka.

      There is a small yard and arrangements have to be made, but as part of the celebrations we will be having special magnificent trips.

      To accommodate visitors there will be a morning and an afternoon group from the festival allowed access, a notice and sign up sheet will be at the Arcata Community Center and we will carpool from there Saturday and Sunday.

      The bird has been reliable, it showed during glorious weather last Thursday/Sunday. But it was active on an overcast Monday. The weather should stay stable with no major storms expected. One would hope the bird lingers until the weekend.

      Here's hoping you find yourself lingering around Humboldt County this weekend.

      Yours Rob

      Robert W. Hewitt
      Director, LBJ Enterprises www.birdjobs.com
      1707 E Street #5, Eureka, CA 95501

      (707) 442-0339, fax (707) 260-0632, cell (707) 845-3189
      lbjent@...

      Godwit Days Steering Committee www.godwitdays.com
      April 16-19, 2004 9th Annual, 232 species cumulative.