Curlew Sandpiper

  • Bob Miller
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9, 2004
      Hi all,

      The Curlew Sandpiper, found sometime around noon by Jon Dunn and Guy
      McCaskie, was still present at Red Hill Marina when I left there at 7:00pm.
      Red Hill Marina is on the SE side of the Salton Sea and accessed by taking
      Sinclair Road to Garst Road and follow the signs. It had flown from the
      near shore to the sandbar and remained on the sandbar for the rest of the
      afternoon. Go to the boat launch area on the SW side of Red Hill. The
      bird was best seen, while on the near shore, by looking north, from the
      north most picnic table by the dumpster and the outhouse. When John Green
      and Nate arrived about 6:00pm, we walked out to the end of the jetty and had
      better viewing light for the sandbar. Best viewing in the morning should be
      from the picnic table. There were several Dunlin in the area, one of which
      did not yet have a black belly, and was great for comparison.

      (!__!)
      (0V0) HAPPY BIRDING
      {}~~{} BOB MILLER
      Southwest Birders