Curlew Sandpiper at Salton Sea 4/9

  • Kris Olson
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 9 5:02 PM
      Forwarding this message:

      From: "baltobird2002" <boriole@c...>
      Date: Fri Apr 9, 2004 4:09 pm
      Subject: Fwd: Curlew Sandpiper

      Cross-posting from Inlandcounty Birds:

      --- In inlandcountybirds@yahoogroups.com, "bewickwren"
      <bewickwren@e...> wrote:

      Hi Group,

      Just heard through the grapevine from Bob Miller that a Curlew
      Sandpiper is at Red Hill Marina at the Salton Sea, found by Jon Dunn
      (I think).

      I'm posting from work and hopping in the chase car.

      More details later on the SE CA Rare Bird Alert.

      John Green
      Riverside, CA
      --- End forwarded message ---
    • Joseph Morlan
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 9 10:19 PM
        Calbirds,

        Thanks to a contribution by Bob Miller, photos taken today of the Curlew
        Sandpiper can be seen at:

        http://fog.ccsf.edu/~jmorlan/gallery.htm

        Enjoy!

        --
        Joseph Morlan, Pacifica, CA 94044 jmorlan@...
        California Birding & new rarities http://fog.ccsf.edu/~jmorlan/
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 10 12:32 PM
          Hi all,

          Birded the morning with Dr. Steve Weber, his wife Susan and my wife Lea
          Anne.

          Spent about two hours at Red Hill this morning at sunup and did not locate
          the Curlew Sandpiper. A large flight of Dunlin must have come in last night
          as there were about a hundred of them out there this morning and only a few
          yesterday. When we left, none of the shorebirds had moved in to the near
          shores yet so I suspect that later in the day, when it gets a little more
          toasty, one might have a good chance of relocating this bird.

          Other birds of note, Heermann's Gull and four Ruddy Turnstones on the rocks
          west of Obsidian Butte. The Roseate Spoonbill was still in the dead trees
          due west of the end of Bowles Road. I have not heard a report of it being
          seen anywhere else!? Is it going out to feed? The Horned Grebe was at the
          end of Bowles as well. Ruddy Ground-Doves are calling and three were seen
          at the intersection of Eddins and Sperry.

          (!__!)
          (0V0) HAPPY BIRDING
          {}~~{} BOB MILLER
          =='''='''==
          Southwest Birders
          P.O. Box 599
          Calipatria, CA. 92233
          Imperial County, CA
          760-455-1413
          http://www.southwestbirders.com <http://www.southwestbirders.com/>
          bob.miller@...

          wrote:

          >Forwarding this message:
          >
          >From: "baltobird2002" <boriole@c...>
          >Date: Fri Apr 9, 2004 4:09 pm
          >Subject: Fwd: Curlew Sandpiper
          >
          >Cross-posting from Inlandcounty Birds:
          >
          >--- In inlandcountybirds@yahoogroups.com, "bewickwren"
          ><bewickwren@e...> wrote:
          >
          >Hi Group,
          >
          >Just heard through the grapevine from Bob Miller that a Curlew
          >Sandpiper is at Red Hill Marina at the Salton Sea, found by Jon Dunn
          >(I think).
          >
          >I'm posting from work and hopping in the chase car.
          >
          >More details later on the SE CA Rare Bird Alert.
          >

          >John Green
          >Riverside, CA
          >--- End forwarded message ---

          >For vacation suspension of mail go to the website. Click on Edit My
          these addresses:

          --
          Joseph Morlan, Pacifica, CA 94044 jmorlan@...
          California Birding & new rarities http://fog.ccsf.edu/~jmorlan/

          these addresses:

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cps0iph/M=290828.4820999.5964091.1261774/D=egroup
          web/S=1705065787:HM/EXP=1081660792/A=1950449/R=0/SIG=1245qccbf/*http://ashni
          n.com/clk/muryutaitakenattogyo?YH=4820999&yhad=1950449> click here

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=290828.4820999.5964091.1261774/D=egroupweb
          /S=:HM/A=1950449/rand=144297161>

          _____

          Yahoo! Groups Links