California Festivals

  • Robert Hewitt
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 8, 2004
      Dear Birders,

      In a week's time I will be leading the pre-festival trip Hwy 101 north from San Francisco. First meet spot (0900) is Lucky Drive off Hwy 101 in San Rafael, there are some nice shorebird ponds right there. Anybody not signed up for the trip, but driving themselves north can join me there for guided trip to GODWIT DAYS. Did somebody say "Birding Convoy!"

      Yahoo, its here, a lot of planning, already 200 registered guests, keynote speaker Don Janssen of the San Diego Zoo talking on Captive Breeding and Avian Conservation (inc. California Condors). The website can show you what is still available, most owl trips are just about sold out. Do come and join us for a break in the redwoods away from the hustle and bustle. April 16-19th. The post festival trip to NE California returns Wednesday through the Central Valley and on to San Fran.

      This is just part of four other festivals this month in the California Circuit. Can't make Godwit Days, try the Yuma festival on the Colorado River on the same weekend, or how about Heron days the weekend after. The Kern Bioregions festival is always great for bird diversity and that is May 1st this year. The connects to the web sites are listed below.

      Yours Rob

      Other festivals coming up include Heron Days April 24-25 in Kelseyville
      www.redbudaudubon.org/events.html and Kern Valley Bioregions Festival in
      Kernville http://www.valleywild.org/bioregion.htm

      Robert W. Hewitt
      Director, LBJ Enterprises www.birdjobs.com
      1707 E Street #5, Eureka, CA 95501

      "..a bird cannot fly without either its secondaries or primaries..."

      (707) 442-0339, fax (707) 260-0632, cell (707) 845-3189
      lbjent@...

      Godwit Days Steering Committee www.godwitdays.com
      April 16-19, 2004 9th Annual, 232 species cumulative.

    • Robert Hewitt
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 25, 2005
        Birders,

        The festival circuit turns to Chico this weekend, the Snow Goose festival,
        please support if you wish.

        Down the road there is San Diego Feb 5th and Salton Sea Feb 12th.

        I would also like to announce that the Godwit Days web page is now live and
        it provides an easy sign up registration on line.

        The Tabloid is also out for the paper sign up. If people want me to send
        them that please drop me a line.

        Robert W. Hewitt

        Wildlife Biologist - LBJ Enterprises

        Eureka, California

        (w) 707-442-0339, (cell) 707-845-3189, (fax) 707-269-0632

        Chairman, Godwit Days Steering Committee

        www.godwitdays.com

        April 15-17, 2005

        Keynote Speaker: Ken Able