Eurasian Collared Dove in St. Luis Obispo County

  • SiriusGuy@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2004
      Regarding the mention of Eurasian Collared Dove in San Luis Obispo County,
      specifically Nipomo, by Darrell Lee of Alameda, CA, all I know is that during a
      recent Morro Bay Winter Bird Festival "Big Day," our group saw one near the
      shore in Pismo Beach. I'm SURE that's hardly the only spotting that far north
      in SLOCO.

      No doubt Brad Schramm and others have kept track of this species, as I have
      read their comments a few months ago. It will not surprise me to start spotting
      this rather hardy and wayfaring species up here in Fresno County during the
      next few years. We already have a small population of Spotted Dove established
      here.

      Alan Birnbaum
      Fresno CA