Wilson's Phalarope in Wheatland, CA

  • Ruth E Partridge
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2004
      Hello!

      I was watching my pond earlier today around 6:00 p.m. as there was a pair of
      Canadian Geese laying and appeared to be napping near the pond's edge. At
      the other end of the pond there was a pair of Mallard Ducks swimming around
      and dabbling at the pond grass. Then I saw a pair of grayish long billed
      sandpiper type birds fly in, land in the water, swim around for a few
      minutes then they headed towards shore. They walked around for a bit
      looking for insects then flew away. I'm adding Wilson's Phalarope to my
      list!

      Ruth on Hokan Lane in Wheatland (near Spenceville WLA and Camp Far West
      Lake)