Harris's Hawk at Fig Lagoon

  • HeraldPetrel@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2004
      Birders

      Yesterday morning at approx. 0830 my friends and I found and photographed an
      adult Harris's Hawk near Fig Lagoon. The bird was perched atop a power pole
      along the main road approx. half way between the Rio Bend Golf Course/RV Park
      and the turnoff by the hay bales to Fig Lagoon--roughly above the bridge
      across the shallow dirt wash. Photos available on request. We also saw the
      Roseate Spoonbill in the dead trees at the end of Bowles (thanks to a kindly group
      of birders for finding it for us!), and the Spragues' Pipits were still in
      their usual place. Not much else of note but lots of typical spring migrants
      to be seen. A very nice day at the sea.

      thanks

      Brian L. Sullivan
      PRBO Conservation Science
      San Clemente Loggerhead Shrike Recovery Project
      2515 Camino del Rio South
      Suite 334
      San Diego, CA
      92108