Blackbird with White Patch not Red Patch in Placer County

  • Ruth E Partridge
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2004
      Today, Wednesday March 17 at 15:15, I was on Highway 65 going North and
      between Chamberlain Road and Wise Road (Placer County) along side the
      highway, I saw a blackbird with a totally white patch not a red patch.
      Could this have been a Tricolored Blackbird or a Red-winged Blackbird or
      some variant?

      Many thanks on helping me with identifying the Starling.

      Ruth, Wheatland, Yuba County, CA (near Camp Far West Lake and Spenceville
      Wildlife Area)