Black Phoebe and Mockingbirds in Wheatland

  • Ruth E Partridge
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 13, 2004
      This morning at 09:00 I saw a Black Phoebe, 2 Northern Mockingbirds, 6
      Red-winged Blackbirds. At 10:00, I saw 13 Sandhill Cranes flying overhead
      while I was in Nicholas.

      My population of House Finches, Lesser Goldfinches, Sparrows (I'm not
      comfortable in IDing them yet), Killdeers, and Brewer's Blackbirds are
      starting to grow.

      Last Sunday 3/7 at 10:30, I was south on I 5 near Woodland and I saw 7 black
      birds with yellow beaks at the Esparto exit. Does any one know what they
      are?? I can't find them in the books I have.

      Ruth in Wheatland, Yuba County, near Camp Far West Lake and Spenceville WLA.