Curve-billed?

  • William Bouton
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 8, 2004
      I've seen no recent reports on the Black Meadow Landing Cactus Garden Curve-billed Thrasher. I'd like to go looking, but it's a long way and I wonder if anyone has seen it recently OR missed it recently.

      Any info would be much appreciated.

      Bill Bouton
      San Luis Obispo, CA USA
      bbouton@...
      http://community.webshots.com/user/bbouton43/0

    • Koonce, Sandy
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 8, 2004
        Bill and others,

        The latest report that I know of was from Todd Easterlea on the 20th of
        February. He also found a second CB Thrasher below Parker Dam. Directions
        are as follows (from the SE CA RBA by John Green):

        It was at the Quail Hollow Day Use
        Area 11.9 miles north of the Earp-Parker Bridge on the CA side. It was
        on the river's edge at 0830 in the riparian scrub area east of the
        trailers. On lawn and in willows along the river and upriver. At Big
        River, John found a female AMERICAN REDSTART at the snack bar and park
        on the riverbank. Big River is south of Highway 62, on the California
        side of the river.

        Good birding!

        Sandy

        Sandy Koonce (SBE County compiler for North American Birds)
        Department of Mathematics
        University of Redlands, Redlands, CA 92373
        sandy_koonce@...