Monterey County on-line illustrated and annotated checklist

  • SiriusGuy@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7 6:08 PM
      Don Roberson modestly mentions that he has now put on-line:
      <<a complete, annotated, and illustrated checklist of the birds of Monterey
      County>>
      to which I would only comment that this should motivate birders not to
      consider it as a substitute for Don's book "Monterey Birds," now in its fully
      revised (2002) second edition, but as an incentive to buy that and add it to their
      reference library, as I have. My only complaint about the book was that
      apparently it was not feasible to publish it as a hardback, or better yet, {:-),
      leather-bound. (If not available in your area, likely Jill Himonas at the
      Monterey Wild Bird Center has copies.)

      Alan Birnbaum
      Fresno Audubon