Snow Bunting still present at Clifton Court Forebay

  • Martin Meyers
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2004
      I finally got a chance to go look for the Snow Bunting at Clifton Court
      Forebay. Ed Greaves and I drove down there from Sacramento this morning
      (Friday), arriving a bit after 10:30. Another birder was present on the
      levee, and as we walked up from the car, he began pointing. We saw the bird
      within a minute of leaving the car and had wonderful views for the next
      forty-five minutes. The bird spent the entire time out in the open in the
      wet area between the two levies just off the parking area. It did not
      appear to be bothered by people walking by on the levees, and it was still
      feeding in that area when we left.

      (We had less success with two wintering birds in the vicinity of Lodi, for
      which we made rather casual attempts on the way back to Sacramento. About
      an hour's search failed to turn up the Brown Thrasher at Woodbridge Regional
      Park, and a somewhat shorter look failed to turn up the Vermillion
      Flycatcher at the Turner Rd. vineyard.)

      Martin

      *
      * Martin Meyers