Snow Bunting Location: Test Only

  • wagtail1997
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1 10:52 PM
      I won't have an opportunity to see that great bird, but I thought I
      would try to test my recent postings... This is a Test only of a
      location tool. Unless someone who has been to the site agrees, this
      should NOT be considered accurate directions to the site.

      I haven't been to the Bunting site but given the descriptions on
      Calbirds, I think I can locate the general area (bad assumption?),
      even if I'm 500 (?) miles south of the area and have never been to the
      area:

      http://stevemorse.org/jcal/map.html?latitude=37:50.360&longitude=-121:35.637

      For an aerial, use about 5 less zoom stops on the BOTTOM of the link.
      It looks like the street map shows the center a little too high.
      What doesn't show on the DeLorme Street Atlas I used for the
      coordinates, is the 90 degree right turn the road makes according to
      one post....but I'm guessing from the aerials where the parking gravel
      area is.

      This is only a test. Look at previous postings for text descriptions
      of directions to the Bunting site.

      Joel Weintraub, Dana Point, CA