New Member from Wheatland, CA

  • Ruth E Partridge
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2004
      Hi All!

      I live in Wheatland in the Camp Far West (CFW) Lake area. I get the
      Spenceville Wildlife Area and CFW Lake influences. It's an amazing place
      for birding!!

      The usual residents are, lots of nesting Killdeers, Western Meadowlarks,
      House Sparrows, Goldfinches, House Finches, Mockingbirds, Flycatchers (I
      think), Starlings, House Wrens and Swallows. We have Prairie Falcons, Red
      tail hawks, Kestrels and White tail hawks. Egrets and Herons are daily
      visitors.

      There are also migrating Canadian Geese, Buffleheads and assorted ducks that
      stop at the ponds for a rest. We can see and hear the Sandhill Cranes as
      they migrate to and from Stockton.

      2003 brought us an occasional hummingbird, Robin, Western Bluebirds!! (new
      for 2003 ) and the Pheasant family stayed with us for a while. 2003 was
      the first year I did bird feeders. I did thistle socks and man, there was a
      waiting line!!!

      Ruth