Snow Bunting in Contra Costa and Golden-winged Warbler in Orange County.

  • Joseph Morlan
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2004
      Here are links to a couple of significant rarities recently reported on
      local lists. Both birds seen yesterday (not my me).

      Snow Bunting found and photographed yesterday at Clifton Court Forebay,
      Contra Costa County:

      http://folkbird.net/ebb/archive/a0402j.html#2702

      Golden-winged Warbler reported from Huntington Central Park, Orange County:

      http://www.sialia.com/s/calists.pl?rm=message;id=49860

      --
      Joseph Morlan, Pacifica, CA 94044 jmorlan@...
      California Birding & new rarities http://fog.ccsf.edu/~jmorlan/
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 28, 2004
        Calbirders,

        The SNOW BUNTING continued at Clifton Court Forebay in eastern Contra Costa
        County until at least 10:15 A.M. today, 2/28/04. During the hour that we
        observed the bunting it was always between the 1st and 5th telephone poles
        past the parking area. Less confiding than the San Leandro Marina Snow
        Bunting, this bird flushed whenever pedestrians came near. We last saw it
        feeding beside 2 dead White Pelicans directly beneath a perched Red-tailed
        Hawk.

        Dennis and Patricia Braddy
        San Ramon
        Contra Costa County

      • Joseph Morlan
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 28, 2004
          On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 11:26:00 -0800, Dennis Braddy <dbraddy@...>
          wrote:

          >The SNOW BUNTING continued at Clifton Court Forebay in eastern Contra Costa
          >County

          A photo of the bird contributed by Ed Pandolfino is at:

          http://fog.ccsf.edu/~jmorlan/gallery.htm

          Enjoy!

          --
          Joseph Morlan, Pacifica, CA 94044 jmorlan@...
          California Birding & new rarities http://fog.ccsf.edu/~jmorlan/
        • Akira So
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 29, 2004
            The Snow Bunting I found two days ago at Clifton Court Forebay in
            eastern Contra Costa county continued today, Feb. 28, 2004.

            I revisited the site today to take additional photos. Here is one
            from this afternoon.

            http://home.earthlink.net/~akira_s/Temp/SnowBunting.htm

            Good birding,
            Akira