Snow Bunting on San Clemente Island (again)

  • HeraldPetrel@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2004
      Birders

      I refound presumably the same Snow Bunting approx. 3 miles from the location
      where it was last seen on 22 November 2003. The bird appears to be the same
      individual, presumably a young female. The bird has apparently spent the
      winter here, and extends the bird's stay by several months. I'll try and keep
      better tabs on it but it's a big island. Nine people (NRO biologists) were
      able to see the bird today, which was nice considering that when it was here in
      November it was only seen by one other biologist.

      good birding

      Brian L. Sullivan
      PRBO Conservation Science
      San Clemente Loggerhead Shrike Recovery Project
      2515 Camino del Rio South
      Suite 334
      San Diego, CA
      92108