Birding in the Central Valley

  • Jim Gain
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7, 2004
      Dear Birders

      I have been working on the CV Birding Locations website and I need your
      help. I have already received many suggestions on birding locations. I have
      added DeLorme Atlas coordinates to every site so far. Now I need to add a
      few more details. I would like to add a brief habitat description, typical
      birds sought after, rarities found there and any helpful birding comments
      (like, be sure to sign in and out). I am not trying to make this a
      comprehensive county by county birding guide, just the basics. I have
      created a form for participants to enter in information on the birding
      locations. I cannot (nor should you) just copy information from site guides
      and websites and post it on the website without permission. If you would
      please consider doing just one site that you are familiar with, I would
      greatly appreciate it. This is a little more work than I anticipated, but I
      think it would be of great benefit to all birders that come to the CV to
      bird. I will gladly add your name as a contributor for the birding location
      you help with.

      <http://johansen.monet.k12.ca.us/gain/birding-form-n.htm> Central Valley -
      North

      <http://johansen.monet.k12.ca.us/gain/birding-form-c.htm> Central Valley -
      Central

      <http://johansen.monet.k12.ca.us/gain/birding-form-s.htm> Central Valley -
      South

      If these links are not clickable in your email, please go to
      <http://www.stanislausbirds.org/> http://www.stanislausbirds.org and follow
      the Where to Bird links.

      Thank you

      Jim Gain

      Modesto

      P.S. I had to create the forms on my school's website because our host's
      server didn't have the right extensions to host a form.

    • Alison
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 7, 2004
        On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 Jim Gain wrote:
        "I have been working on the CV Birding Locations website and I need your
        help"

        This is a wonderful effort and to be helped and lauded, unfortunately my
        time is limited so a response to Jim's inquiry will have to wait until I
        return from Florida, but in the meantime. I invite your visits and comments
        on the site guide to "Birds of Kern County".
        http://natureali.org/birding.htm

        I have several checklists posted and have just uploaded a new one for "Hart
        Park" in Bakersfield. http://natureali.org/hart_park.htm
        This is a preliminary checklist that needs some tweaking, which I will do
        when I return. If you notice errors or omissions, please let me know and I
        will fix these. I will add your name to those who helped unless specifically
        requested not to.

        Thanks,

        Ali

        P.S. Please note my new email address. Many people reported the
        natureali.org email address was not functioning properly. If you have sent
        messages to that address and did not receive a response, please understand,
        I most likely did not receive your message.

        Alison Sheehey
        P.O. Box 153
        Weldon, CA
        93283

        Nature Alley - http://natureali.org
        Educating the world about Central California's unique biodiversity.