RFI, Palm Springs Area

  • tapaculo47
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2004
      I am going to Indian Wells for a conference and will do some birding
      the weekend of January 31. I have the ABA Guide to Southern
      California (1990 edition), but would be grateful for any advice on
      finding a couple of local species: LeConte's Thrasher in the desert,
      and Mountain Quail in the mountains. (And I'm hoping to find White-
      headed Woodpecker and California Thrasher in the process of looking
      for the tough ones. I'm playing to stay in Idyllwild one night.)

      For LeConte's, the guide mentions a site near Cabazon, and an
      article mentioned a record in Indian Wells itself but those could be
      out-of-date, so any information on those places would be welcome.

      Let me know if it would more convenient for me to call. Thanks,

      Steve Greenfield
      Minneapolis
      tapaculo@...
      612-877-1137