Morro Bay Festival.

  • Robert Hewitt
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 15, 2004
      Birders,

      Just heading out for the Morro Bay Fest. San Luis Obispo county here we come! This popular event kicks off the Bird Festival New Year with some quality field trips and well attended events.

      Next weekend Jan 24/25, 2004, the double kick off for Northern California is The Flyway Festival, San Francisco Bay - Vallejo on the coast and the Chico Snow Goose Festival in the Central Valley.

      Look forward to the whole spread of Northern California events as Spring in Northern California unfolds.

      Yours Rob,

      www.chicochamber.com www.sfbayflywayfestival.com www.morro-bay.net/birds

      Robert W. Hewitt
      Director, LBJ Enterprises www.birdjobs.com
      1707 E Street #5, Eureka, CA 95501

      (707) 442-0339, fax (707) 260-0632, cell (707) 845-3189
      lbjent@...

      Godwit Days Steering Committee www.godwitdays.com
      April 16-19, 2004 9th Annual, 232 species cumulative.

    • Alison
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 16, 2004
        Rob wrote:

        > the whole spread of Northern California events as Spring in Northern
        California unfolds.

        Anyone looking for information about the Chico Snow Goose Festival should
        check out their website. http://www.sacrivertrust.org/snowgoose/

        For those of you looking for a list of California festivals to attend. Check
        out Audubon California's Nature Festivals and events calendar.
        http://ca.audubon.org/california_nature_festivals.htm

        I maintain this list for them and if anyone is privy to all day or multiple
        day public nature related events, please let me know. I use many sources to
        track down this information and it is much easier if I am informed directly.

        Thanks,

        Ali

        Alison Sheehey
        P.O. Box 153
        Weldon, CA
        93283

      • KENNETH BURTON
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 17, 2004
          The Summer Tanager continued at 1042 6th Street in Fortuna late yesterday afternoon. I think it's a first-winter male. It can be heard and probably seen from the street. Call Dee Meyer at 707-725-4554 if you wish a closer look from her yard (or bathroom!).

          Ken Burton

          Inverness