FWD: Monday: Anhinga at Fig Lagoon

  • Birders2@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2004
      Our friends from Phoenix asked us to post this, since they cannot post to
      Calbirds, but thought this information would help in finding the Anhinga at Fig
      Lagoon.

      Forward:

      Anhinga at Fig Lagoon ... is NOT visible from the overlook parking area
      it is necessary to drive the perimeter road counterclockwise until you can see
      back along the lagoon shore ... directly under the lookout location .... maybe
      100 yards to the north of the lookout. A scope is really needed to insure
      spotting and identification. We had the bird around 1:30PM on Monday and
      periodically watched it sun/air dry it's wings for the next hour as we
      searched
      and finally found the 3 Hooded Mergansers. Many other neat birds including
      up to 65-70 Snowy Egrets.

      Gordon & Sally Barnes

      End forward

      Great birding and find that next lifer,