Cape Shelducks

  • KLHochgraf@cs.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2004
      Hello birders,
      Last Fall my friend took a birding class thru a local college and
      reported to me one evening that they had seen a Shelduck. I was able to
      re-find the pair at Lake Hennessey, along Hwy 128, in Napa county on October 26,
      2003. While puzzling over these 2 birds, who did not look like anything in my
      Sibley, a local birder approached me. He had been watching these 2 birds for
      several months and had determined they were Cape Shelducks, escaped from a
      private collection in Santa Rosa, CA. Later that evening I did my own Internet
      search I was inclined to agree with him.
      Karen Hochgraf
      Sacramento, CA