Tundra Swan Photo

  • Jim Gain
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2004
      Back in 1990 we had an immature swan that looked everything like a
      Trumpeter. It was hanging out at the Modesto Sewage Ponds and was rather
      sick. It eventually died and was identified in hand by US Fish & Wildlife
      and was determined to be a Tundra Swan. We have one close up photo of it at
      http://www.stanislausbirds.org/photos/1ducks.htm if you want to compare it
      to the Ione bird. It's the first photo along the 3rd row from the bottom.

      Jim Gain

      Modesto

      P.S. My apologies if the rest of the links on that page do not work. I am in
      the process of updating the photos section of the website.