Re: [CALBIRDS] Any LITTLE GULL Sightings?

  • Ron Holland
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2004
      The Little Gull was seen from the boat dock area this morning around 9:30 AM.

      At 08:10 AM 1/2/04 -0800, Matthew Matthiessen wrote:
      >Has anyone looked for the LITTLE GULL in Chino, CA since Dec 26? If so,
      >could you please let me know whether you were successful or otherwise.
      >I'm considering a trip to Southern Cal this weekend and am interested in
      >whether the bird is still present or not. Thanks in advance for your
      >assistance.
      >
      >Matthew Matthiessen
      >Ukiah, CA

      ---------
      Ron Holland telchar@...
      Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    • Steve Sosensky
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2004
        Calbirders,

        In the interest of keeping internet traffic, email volume, and list archive
        space to a minimum, once an important bird is reported to Calbirds, those
        interested in going to see it should probably follow the discussion and/or
        future reports on the appropriate local elist. This can be done either by
        email or on the website for any Yahoo Group. This particular bird has been
        updated daily on the InlandCountyBirds group on Yahoo.

        I suggest that the best approach is to subscribe to every list in the
        state, then set the ones you don't want mail from on a regular basis to No
        Mail. Then, when you decide to go to that area, you can turn the mail on
        for that period. See Joe Morlan's California Birding pages for instructions
        on how to subscribe to each list.

        At 02:26 PM 2004-01-02 -0800, Ron Holland wrote:
        >The Little Gull was seen from the boat dock area this morning around 9:30 AM.
        >
        >At 08:10 AM 1/2/04 -0800, Matthew Matthiessen wrote:
        > >Has anyone looked for the LITTLE GULL in Chino, CA since Dec 26?

        Good birding,

        Steve Sosensky, SoCA Bird Guides www.sosensky.com/guides/
        <mailto:steve@...> for general use
        <mailto:mobile@...> rare birds and emergencies only
        Toluca Lake, CA 91602 818-508-4946 34.15645 N, 118.36715 W
        www.SoCalAudubon.org/socal/ www.SanFernandoValleyAudubon.org/sfvas/
        SoCal FRS: use channel 11 code 22 SMS: stevesosensky@...