Any LITTLE GULL Sightings?

  • Matthew Matthiessen
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2004
      Has anyone looked for the LITTLE GULL in Chino, CA since Dec 26? If so,
      could you please let me know whether you were successful or otherwise.
      I'm considering a trip to Southern Cal this weekend and am interested in
      whether the bird is still present or not. Thanks in advance for your
      assistance.

      Matthew Matthiessen
      Ukiah, CA
    • Ron Holland
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2004
        The Little Gull was seen from the boat dock area this morning around 9:30 AM.

        At 08:10 AM 1/2/04 -0800, Matthew Matthiessen wrote:
        >Has anyone looked for the LITTLE GULL in Chino, CA since Dec 26? If so,
        >could you please let me know whether you were successful or otherwise.
        >I'm considering a trip to Southern Cal this weekend and am interested in
        >whether the bird is still present or not. Thanks in advance for your
        >assistance.
        >
        >Matthew Matthiessen
        >Ukiah, CA

        ---------
        Ron Holland telchar@...
        Rancho Cucamonga, CA
      • Steve Sosensky
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 2, 2004
          Calbirders,

          In the interest of keeping internet traffic, email volume, and list archive
          space to a minimum, once an important bird is reported to Calbirds, those
          interested in going to see it should probably follow the discussion and/or
          future reports on the appropriate local elist. This can be done either by
          email or on the website for any Yahoo Group. This particular bird has been
          updated daily on the InlandCountyBirds group on Yahoo.

          I suggest that the best approach is to subscribe to every list in the
          state, then set the ones you don't want mail from on a regular basis to No
          Mail. Then, when you decide to go to that area, you can turn the mail on
          for that period. See Joe Morlan's California Birding pages for instructions
          on how to subscribe to each list.

          At 02:26 PM 2004-01-02 -0800, Ron Holland wrote:
          >The Little Gull was seen from the boat dock area this morning around 9:30 AM.
          >
          >At 08:10 AM 1/2/04 -0800, Matthew Matthiessen wrote:
          > >Has anyone looked for the LITTLE GULL in Chino, CA since Dec 26?

          Good birding,

          Steve Sosensky, SoCA Bird Guides www.sosensky.com/guides/
          <mailto:steve@...> for general use
          <mailto:mobile@...> rare birds and emergencies only
          Toluca Lake, CA 91602 818-508-4946 34.15645 N, 118.36715 W
          www.SoCalAudubon.org/socal/ www.SanFernandoValleyAudubon.org/sfvas/
          SoCal FRS: use channel 11 code 22 SMS: stevesosensky@...