updates to CBC total on Audubon California and Nature Alley webpages

  • Nature Ali
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2003
      Hi All,

      Since it will be no sooner than January 15th before any of the compilers can
      send in their details to Audubon, I would appreciate if compilers or their
      assistants could send me a few details on their count, so I can post to the
      state CBC pages.

      # species # individuals # participants

      I hope all of you have enjoyed the CBCs so far and the last few bring you
      great numbers and rare birds.
      It appears that most count circles had increased participation this year.
      Although this is only from information gleaned from the various listserves,
      I have had little direct contact with any compilers.

      It appears that the irruptive species of the year may be the Eurasian Wigeon
      as many have reported them.

      But without the Audubon reports I can't glean much else. No rarities and or
      unusual anecdotes. It would be fun to know weird weather, high/low temps,
      most snow, most rain, strongest wind, and anything else that might be
      interesting or provide a chuckle or two. There may need to be a report on a
      certain webmaster and her propensity to need a tow truck before continuing
      on two counts this season. The anecdotes should be a few sentences to a
      paragraph.

      Happy New Year!

      Ali

      CBC pages: