Greetings from an offshore island

  • Jakeallsop@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2003
      I have just joined calbirds and am enjoying it very much. I live in England
      (near Cambridge), but come to California as often as I can to visit my married
      daughter in San Diego. I had to miss my Christmas visit this year, so reading
      about members' recent birding and birdlists is a sort of poignant pleasure!
      If anyone is planning a birding trip to the UK, please get in touch with me.
      In the meantime, a very happy New Year to all (Don and Marjorie - I WILL do
      the pelagic trip one day........!) and good birding.
      The great excitement here is the presence of a Baltimore Oriole... PS, there
      are Winter Wrens in my backyard if anyone is interested. Define rarity!
      wbw
      Jake Allsop