re: demoiselle crane

  • vladimir@hotcity.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2001
      Jim,
      The notheasternmost point of Grus virgo range in Asia is
      Transbaikalia. The possibility of natural occurence here in CA is
      close to zero. I'd say simply "zero", but we've already have at least
      two vagrants from the same area earlier this year (a plover and a
      goldfinch). May be there were others, but they were dismissed as
      obvious escapees (I remember reading something about a Great Tit Parus
      major, which could actually have been P. minor, a migratory form from
      SE Siberia). Anyway, don't expect it to be added to the state list :-)
      Vladimir Dinets
      www.hotcity.com/~vladimir