CBC Circle Map

  • Jim Gain
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 16, 2003
      Sorry for (hopefully) one last email about the count circle project. I see 2
      kinds of maps resulting from this endeavor. One map will have each count
      circle with its code. This map will be in 2 different sizes to accommodate
      the 28k folks. This map will also serve as an image map with links from each
      count circle to other pages with count circle information (to be determined
      later). The second type of map I envision to be much more accurate and
      detailed based either upon Latitude/longitude - degrees/minutes/seconds or
      on Universal Transverse Mercator (UTM) coordinates.

      I believe the first map shouldn't take me too long as I have most, if not
      all of the coordinates already. The second project will be a little longer
      in completion. The locations for most count circles do NOT include seconds
      (only degrees and minutes) which leaves lots of room for error. It would be
      nice to determine the circle epicenter more precisely and then I will plot
      them on a much more detailed map divided up into smaller sections.

      What I need to know from the scientific community is which system should be
      used, the latilong system or the UTM system? TopoZone.com has the ability to
      plot either system and that is probably what I'll use to fix exact location.
      (I don't have access to ArcView.)

      Again, sorry for the 3rd email in a row.

      Jim Gain

      Modesto