Godwit Days and Aleutian Canada Goose Festival

  • Robert Hewitt
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2003
      Dear Birders,

      I would like to announce the March and April Festival dates for Godwit Days April 16-19 2004, and Aleutian Goose Festival on March 26-28 2004. With all the great birds up here right now I thought we could spotlight our spring events.

      The Godwit Days web page at www.godwitdays.com features an on-line registration procedure as well as a species query based on one's planned trips. This has made it very easy to plan a great spring bird trip the weekend after Easter.

      Aleutian Goose Festival is found at www.aleutiangoosesfestival.org and their festival has a pretty big impact up in Crescent City. Good attendance from out of towners can really do a lot to turn around local perceptions about birders and a love for the environment and natural history.

      We still have Grackles in both counties and the Le Contes is assumed still present (last reported to our birdbox on the 3rd).
      Please don't over harass these birds as we want to keep them here for the Christmas counts. Also for us locals we need to provide details to the CBRC about our fine detections. I have received a number of prods from the committee members asking about the BLVU, GYFA, COGR, LESP, BLHG, LBMU to name the highlights. If you have details, however small they all help in the documentation. We often can validate amongst ourselves up here in Humboldt/Del Norte, but the folks elsewhere could use some input.

      Yours Rob

      Robert W. Hewitt
      Director, LBJ Enterprises www.birdjobs.com
      1707 E Street #5, Eureka, CA 95501
      Christmas Sale Dec 8-18th, Open house Sat Dec 13th
      (707) 442-0339, fax (707) 260-0632, cell (707) 845-3189
      lbjent@...

      Godwit Days Steering Committee www.godwitdays.com
      April 16-19, 2004 9th Annual, 232 species cumulative.