Re: [CALBIRDS] CBC dates - Please use the Calendar (fwd)

  • Al Eisner
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2003
      Steve Sosensky wrote:

      > There is no reason for anyone to have to do that work any more. Calbirds
      > has (as do all Yahoo Groups) a Calendar section which is available to
      > members for scheduling events that are germane to the group. This is a
      > valuable resource that is way under-used. A few organizations are starting
      > to take advantage of this tool, but not many. It may be more appropriate
      > for CBCs to be posted on the local lists, but especially for those lists
      > which are not on Yahoo, the Calendar is there to be used.
      >
      > The Calendar lets you schedule events and send up to two reminders to the
      > list. You can include directions, times, and any other pertinent
      > information. Any Calbirds member (as opposed to subscriber) can access the
      > Calendar and add events. Just go to the Calbirds website (URL is below) and
      > click on the Calendar link on the left side of the screen.

      > At 02:55 PM 2003-12-05 -0800, John Sterling wrote:
      > >Has anyone compiled the California CBC dates, locations and contact
      > >information? I have only seen information for a few counts this year.

      In a previous reply, Bruce Webb pointed to an excellent facility which
      has been provided by Alison Sheehy. It is simple to use, and it was simple
      for the compilers to enter the information, which was explicitly requested
      long ago. She should be congratulated for putting that together, and
      encouraged in, not discouraged from, providing that facility.

      The calbirds alternative is hidden behind Yahoo password/registration
      protection, so it is not available to those of us who choose not to register,
      Moreover, there is no reason to assume that all potentially interested
      CBC participants are also calbirds participants.

      So I rather object to the suggestion of replacing a good, openly accessible
      system, with one with limited access, especially given the known quality of
      the former. Of course, I have no objection to the information appearing
      in two places instead of one!

      Regards, Al Eisner