Re: [CALBIRDS] CBC dates - Please use the Calendar

  • Steve Sosensky
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2003
      John and Calbirders,

      There is no reason for anyone to have to do that work any more. Calbirds
      has (as do all Yahoo Groups) a Calendar section which is available to
      members for scheduling events that are germane to the group. This is a
      valuable resource that is way under-used. A few organizations are starting
      to take advantage of this tool, but not many. It may be more appropriate
      for CBCs to be posted on the local lists, but especially for those lists
      which are not on Yahoo, the Calendar is there to be used.

      The Calendar lets you schedule events and send up to two reminders to the
      list. You can include directions, times, and any other pertinent
      information. Any Calbirds member (as opposed to subscriber) can access the
      Calendar and add events. Just go to the Calbirds website (URL is below) and
      click on the Calendar link on the left side of the screen.

      CBC info for the San Fernando Valley AS is on the LACoBirds list's Calendar.

      At 02:55 PM 2003-12-05 -0800, John Sterling wrote:
      >Has anyone compiled the California CBC dates, locations and contact
      >information? I have only seen information for a few counts this year.

      Good birding,
      Steve Sosensky
      Toluca Lake, CA 34.15645 N, 118.36715 W
      <mailto:steve@...> for general use