CBC dates

  • John Sterling
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2003
      Has anyone compiled the California CBC dates, locations and contact
      information? I have only seen information for a few counts this year.

      **********************************
      John Sterling
      26 Palm Ave
      Woodland, CA 95695
      530 668-8694 (home office)
      530 668-1985 (home)
      916 737-3000 ext 3593 (Sacramento office)
      916 752-0899 (cell phone)
    • Steve Sosensky
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 5, 2003
        John and Calbirders,

        There is no reason for anyone to have to do that work any more. Calbirds
        has (as do all Yahoo Groups) a Calendar section which is available to
        members for scheduling events that are germane to the group. This is a
        valuable resource that is way under-used. A few organizations are starting
        to take advantage of this tool, but not many. It may be more appropriate
        for CBCs to be posted on the local lists, but especially for those lists
        which are not on Yahoo, the Calendar is there to be used.

        The Calendar lets you schedule events and send up to two reminders to the
        list. You can include directions, times, and any other pertinent
        information. Any Calbirds member (as opposed to subscriber) can access the
        Calendar and add events. Just go to the Calbirds website (URL is below) and
        click on the Calendar link on the left side of the screen.

        CBC info for the San Fernando Valley AS is on the LACoBirds list's Calendar.

        At 02:55 PM 2003-12-05 -0800, John Sterling wrote:
        >Has anyone compiled the California CBC dates, locations and contact
        >information? I have only seen information for a few counts this year.

        Good birding,
        Steve Sosensky
        Toluca Lake, CA 34.15645 N, 118.36715 W
        <mailto:steve@...> for general use