ID on Bakersfield Myiarchus

  • Michael McQuerrey
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 2003
      Birders: After considerable study and many comparisons with calls
      and photographs of both Nutting's and Ash-throated Flycatchers, I
      believe the Bakersfield Myiarchus to be an ASH-THROATED FLYCATCHER.
      The final link to an id came with comparisons of the only call the
      local bird has given with the "midwinter calls of the Ash-throated
      Flycatcher" recorded by Alvaro Jaramillo in Mexico, from Joe Morlan's
      website:
      http://home.pacbell.net/robbie22/flycatcher/flucatcher.htm. These
      calls are identical to the ones being given by the Bakersfield bird.
      And thanks to Dr. John Wilson for his expertise and the hours he has
      spent researching this bird.
      Michael McQuerrey
      Bakersfield, California
    • Joseph Morlan
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 5, 2003
        On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 05:05:18 -0000, "Michael McQuerrey"
        <macbirder@...> wrote:

        >The final link to an id came with comparisons of the only call the
        >local bird has given with the "midwinter calls of the Ash-throated
        >Flycatcher" recorded by Alvaro Jaramillo in Mexico, from Joe Morlan's
        >website:
        >http://home.pacbell.net/robbie22/flycatcher/flucatcher.htm.

        Minor correction. The URL is:

        http://home.pacbell.net/robbie22/Flycatcher/flycatcher.htm