Little update

  • Debi Shearwater
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2003
      Hello, Seabirders,
      Thank you for the many emails and phone calls regarding the LITTLE
      SHEARWATER sighting of October 29, 2003 on Monterey Bay. I did not organize
      a chase trip because the weather was forecast to change dramatically
      overnight. In fact, it was beginning to blow as we entered the harbor. If
      the weather conditions had remained the same, there might have been a chance
      of refinding the shearwater. Of course, anything is possible, but the odds
      seemed too low to justify a chase trip.

      Today, I picked up the slides that I shot of the Little Shearwater. (There
      is no reliable place to have slides developed in my small town. So, I must
      go to Santa Cruz). A cursory glance at the photo lab seems to indicate that
      the images will show all of the details of this shearwater, including leg
      and feet color! I do not have a slide scanner. So, as soon as I get to one,
      the images will be posted on the Shearwater Journey's web site. I will keep
      you posted.

      Shearwaters forever,
      Debi
      ---