Northern Fulmar die-off

  • Gjon_Hazard@r1.fws.gov
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2003
      In San Diego County, we're having a number (many dozens, if not hundreds)
      of Northern Fulmars wash up on the beach. They are generally being found
      dead or in a weakened state. Most, from what I've heard, are emaciated.
      It is my understanding that this is a result of a "natural" event (i.e., no
      DIRECT link to a man-made event, like an oil spill). It is also my
      understanding that ONLY fulmars are washing up. Am I correct in my
      understandings? Do any of you out there have any solid information
      regarding this phenomenon? Thanks.

      Cheers,
      -Gj

      ====================================