Nov. 9 Pelagic

  • Roger Wolfe
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2003
      Just a reminder that Monterey Seabirds has a trip schduled for next
      Sunday Nov. 9. We will be on the lookout for Yellow-billed Loon which
      could arrive at this time of year. Tufted Puffin is likely and we will
      be keeping a sharp eye out for a small black and white shearwater(with
      blue legs). Anything is possible!

      Don Roberson and Dan Singer will be our leaders along with veteran
      skipper Richard Ternullo.
      Cost is $70 per person. Go to http://www.montereyseabirds.com to
      register or call 831-375-4658

      Rarities being seen in the Monterey Bay area:

      Bar-tailed Godwit- Moon Glow Dairy easternmost pond (be on your best
      behavior!) rules for birding here are at
      http://montereybay.com/creagrus/moonnglow.html

      Scarlet Tanager - Andrew Molera State Park, Big Sur River, near the
      mouth in cottonwoods

      Yellow-bellied Sapsucker juv. -Elkhorn Slough Reserve on the South Marsh
      trail, Turn R at the small barn down the hill from the reserve HQ . Past
      the drip next to trail to the other side of the finger of water. Look in
      the oaks

      Hope you can make it,
      Roger Wolfe
      Soquel, CA