California Festivals Lists

  • Robert Hewitt
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31 1:18 PM
      Dear Birders,

      After a few enquiries about events I wanted to update folks about two web sites that provide up-to-date listing of the year's planned festival events.

      http://ca.audubon.org/california_nature_festivals.htm

      and

      http://www.cawatchablewildlife.org/festivals.htm

      I also think that the ABA has a grand listing for events throughout the USA.

      As far as birds go in Humboldt County, the Arcata Marsh has had a regular Black-and-white Warbler and Palm Warblers and Swamp Sparrows, as well as a Virginia's Warbler on the 28th, and a Northern Waterthrush on the 30th. Ferruginous Hawk and Lapland Longspurs have been noted and a Laysan Albatross was offshore on a weekend boat trip.

      Yours Rob

      Robert W. Hewitt
      Director, LBJ Enterprises www.birdjobs.com
      1707 E Street #5, Eureka, CA 95501

      (707) 442-0339, fax (707) 260-0632, cell (707) 845-3189
      lbjent@...

      Godwit Days Steering Committee www.godwitdays.com
      April 16-19, 2004 9th Annual, 232 species cumulative.