Lodi Crane Festival Nov 7-9 2003

  • Robert Hewitt
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2003
      Dear Birders,

      The Central Valley is heating up again for bird festivals. We recently had a great festival coordinators meeting in Lodi and we are very excited about the growth and improvement in these events throughout California. It seems they do have a significant economic, educational and overall bird awareness impact on communities.

      At that meeting we devised a regional approach. It would appear that there is a group of Southern California Festivals in the Winter Months, a group of Spring Northern California Festivals especially on the Northcoast, summer in the Sierra and Mono, and then a cluster of Central Valley events in the Fall.

      To this end I urge birders of all interests and levels to look to the Central Valley this November and show your support for these great events.

      Yours Rob

      Robert W. Hewitt
      Director, LBJ Enterprises www.birdjobs.com
      1707 E Street #5, Eureka, CA 95501

      (707) 442-0339, fax (707) 260-0632, cell (707) 845-3189
      lbjent@...

      Godwit Days Steering Committee www.godwitdays.com
      April 16-19, 2004 9th Annual, 232 species cumulative.