[Admin] Please trim your responses

  • Steve Sosensky
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2003
      Hi Calbirders,

      As a group, we've been getting kind of sloppy with the amount of the
      several reasons. Among these are that it takes up unnecessary bandwidth, it
      loads up the hard drives of people who save the messages, and worst of all,
      it accelerates the depletion of the list's allotted archive space. Some
      YahooGroups birding lists have already started to lose their older
      messages. We should try to put that off for as long as possible.

      Trimming guidelines are as follows:

      1. Delete all the garbage from Yahoo at the end of each post. THIS IS REQUIRED.

      2. Leave only the poster's name, city, and email address in their signature.

      3. Unless absolutely necessary for clarity, quote no more than two levels
      of previous messages.

      4. The amount of text you quote should be shorter than the length of your
      reply.

      As I have time, I'm going to start deleting old messages that do not add to
      the knowledge base so we can keep the important messages longer, but
      following these guidelines will let me do so more leisurely.

      Good birding,
      Steve Sosensky
      Toluca Lake, CA 34.15645 N, 118.36715 W
      <mailto:steve@...> for general use