San Clemente Island 29 Sept 2003

  • HeraldPetrel@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2003
      Birders

      In the course of our work today, Robb Kaler and myself managed to turn up a
      variety of good birds on San Clemente Island. Highlights were as follows:

      Vermilion Flycatcher (molting female)--SCI first record
      Buff-breasted Sandpiper (juv)--SCI third record
      Dickcissel (4th island record)
      Bobolink (9 individuals, by far an island high count)
      Red-billed Tropicbird (adult sitting next to a Rhinoceros Auklet!)
      40 Swainson's Thrushes (the most found during the day on SCI, but hundreds
      often heard nightly on migration)

      Overall a great day for migrants, but no vagrant eastern warblers! I managed
      to digiscope both the BBSA and the VEFL and hopefully they will be up on Joe
      Morlan's California Birding website for viewing.

      good birding

      Brian L. Sullivan
      PRBO Conservation Science
      San Clemente Loggerhead Shrike Recovery Project
      2515 Camino del Rio South
      Suite 334
      San Diego, CA
      92108

      bsullivan@...
    • Joseph Morlan
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 29, 2003
        On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 23:12:58 EDT, HeraldPetrel@... wrote:

        > I managed
        >to digiscope both the BBSA and the VEFL and hopefully they will be up on Joe
        >Morlan's California Birding website for viewing.

        Thanks Brian! I just posted the photos at:

        http://fog.ccsf.edu/~jmorlan/gallery.htm

        Enjoy!

        --
        Joseph Morlan, Pacifica, CA 94044 jmorlan@...