Monterey/Point Reyes

  • scre@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2003
      Hi all,
      Matt Brady, Ryan Terrill, James Restivo and I had camped over night at
      Chews Ridge in Monterey County with the BSOL crew. This morning we had two
      Pinyon Jays there. Details are on MBB. After seeing the birds we headed out to
      bird Point Reyes. We arrived at about noon and were afforded great looks at
      one of two AM Redstarts, the continuing Cape May Warbler, and a Blackpoll
      Warbler. A Tennessee was also reported. At Nunes we saw the Bay-breasted Warbler
      at about 2 along with a Blackpoll and a Tennessee. There were reports of two
      more Blackpolls at Mendoza. Matt had another Blackpoll in the cypresses at
      Drakes Beach. Matt, James, and I hiked out to Abbott's Lagoon the most
      interesting bird was an Ibis at about 6 PM. I've posted pictures here <A HREF="http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=2845071&uid=1410482&members=1">
      http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=2845071&uid=1410482&members=1</A>
      and would be interested in hearing comments. The bird had no red on it
      around the face any that shows up in the pictures is from the low evening light.
      The eye was dark and the facial skin gray with lighter edges between the bill
      and the eye both on the top and bottom. Good Birding

      David Vander Pluym
      UCSC