September San Clemente Island birds

  • HeraldPetrel@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2003
      Birders

      September has been good for island rarities so far. Birds of note this fall
      include the following: Masked Booby (continuing); Sora (13 Sept);
      Buff-breasted Sandpiper (13 Sept); Stilt Sandpiper (14-15 Sept); Lucy's Warbler (18
      Sept); 2 Magnolia Warblers (16 and 27 Sept); Clay-colored Sparrow (27 Sept);
      Rose-breasted Grosbeak (27 Sept); and several Bobolinks.

      Sadly, I missed several of these birds while I was back East birding. Small
      price to pay for a good hurricane fallout on the Chesapeake Bay though!

      Brian L. Sullivan
      PRBO Conservation Science
      San Clemente Loggerhead Shrike Recovery Project
      2515 Camino del Rio South
      Suite 334
      San Diego, CA
      92108