Re: [CALBIRDS] HUGO

  • Les Chibana
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 4, 2003
      I have not seen any new reports of the Hudsonian Godwit(s) at Alviso
      since
      the last reported sighting on 9/1/03 (M. Rogers on South-Bay-Birds
      list). I
      have checked the location on 9/2 and 9/3 without success. While there
      are
      a lot of shorebirds in the pond at State and Spreckles Sts. in Alviso,
      I was
      also unable to locate the Stilt Sandpiper and Reeve seen concurrently
      and
      earlier. I also checked the ponds to the east of the railroad tracks
      (New
      Chicago Marsh). There are a lot of hard to reach/see areas here,
      however,
      and the birds could still be present.

      Les Chibana, Palo Alto

      On Thursday, September 4, 2003, at 08:52 AM, Paul Fox wrote:

      > Well, let me be the first to ask. For those of us poor souls who were
      > city bound last week, is there any change that the Godwit is still
      > being seen in Alviso??
      >
      > Paul Fox

      > email to these addresses:

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • baltobird2002
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 5, 2003
        All,

        I searched the State St. and New Chicago Marsh ponds repeatedly on
        9/3/03 from 18:15 - 19:30 and found no godwits.

        Michael Wienholt
        Poway, CA

        --- In CALBIRDS@yahoogroups.com, Les Chibana <les@b...> wrote:
        > I have not seen any new reports of the Hudsonian Godwit(s) at
        Alviso
        > since
        > the last reported sighting on 9/1/03 (M. Rogers on South-Bay-Birds
        > list). I
        > have checked the location on 9/2 and 9/3 without success. While
        there
        > are
        > a lot of shorebirds in the pond at State and Spreckles Sts. in
        Alviso,
        > I was
        > also unable to locate the Stilt Sandpiper and Reeve seen
        concurrently
        > and
        > earlier. I also checked the ponds to the east of the railroad
        tracks
        > (New
        > Chicago Marsh). There are a lot of hard to reach/see areas here,
        > however,
        > and the birds could still be present.
        >
        > Les Chibana, Palo Alto
        >

        > On Thursday, September 4, 2003, at 08:52 AM, Paul Fox wrote:
        >
        > > Well, let me be the first to ask. For those of us poor souls who
        were
        > > city bound last week, is there any change that the Godwit is still
        > > being seen in Alviso??
        > >
        > > Paul Fox

        > > Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or
        Lexmark
        > > Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US
        &
        > > Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
        > > http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/70TolB/TM
        > >
        > > For vacation suspension of mail go to the website. Click on Edit
        My