Snowy Plovers

  • Kris McNew
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2003
      Hello Birders....

      I don't know if this information will matter to anyone but me....

      September 1, 2003 I found 17 Snowy Plovers just outside the fenced in
      nesting area at Laguna Creek Beach. The birds were on the seaward
      side of the enclosure.

      All the birds appeared to be adults moulting into their winter
      plumage. The birds were hard to spot as they kept crouching down into
      the human footprints that covered the beach.

      The beach is located just north of Santa Cruz on Hwy 1 between
      mileposts 25.96 & 26.01. Park in the dirt lot on the inland side of
      the highway at call box # SZ 1-262. The trail down to the beach was
      pretty easy.

      Good Birding!
      Kris McNew
      Fresno, CA