Re: [venturacobirding] SCRE

  • pereksta
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2003
      Onik Arian and I also saw the white wagtail this afternoon around 4:30 pm at
      the Santa Clara River Estuary in Ventura. It was foraging along the south
      bank of the estuary near the bridge. It was flushed by another observer and
      flew downstream towards the mouth of the river (approx 200 feet west of the
      point where the nature trail meets the estuary). Mike Tiffany and two other
      observers watched it briefly after it landed (as Onik and I waded across
      knee-deep from the north bank of the river). By the time we got there the
      wagtail had taken off to the south and was not seen again despite searching
      by myself and others until 7:00 pm.

      Not sure if the bird will return, but keep your eyes peeled for it if you
      are birding the estuary. It looked like an adult that was starting to
      transition to basic plumage...a very striking bird.

      Bird till your boots are filled...

      Dave Pereksta